but seriously!!

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Past the halfway mark

Had some friends over for a landmark birthday. It was a nice evening that was stress free and relaxed.  Missed some out of towners that it would have been nice to have had over as well. Several FB friends wished me. Many called. Trying not to react negatively to those that were unable to connect or perhaps forgot.....
The most important bit was a visit from my parents. It wasn't usual for my father to trek out to Gurgaon from his home in Mayur Vihar 1. It was more often that we would visit him. But lately he had made the effort and started visiting more often. I was so happy that he came on my birthday. I was lucky to have got him to come, to have spent the time with him and to have got his blessings on this day.
Importantly, it's time to review a lot of stuff about myself and figure how to spend the rest of my time on this planet usefully. For one, I would like to be there for others who need me. Maybe, I'll put in more effort to connect to those who have been a part of my journey in a happy way. Be more humble. Hopefully dial back on the level of aggression that living in this part of the world fosters. I will try to learn to let go of past pain and try and take things as they come with some degree of equanimity.
My greatest strength is my family, most of all Nina, Neil, Mamon, Sitamma and Bob uncle the parents and my in-laws. Ever so grateful for their love and support. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home